Digital intraoral scanners have several benefits over traditional impressions for dentists:
1. Increased accuracy: Digital intraoral scanners produce highly accurate 3D models of the teeth and gums, which can be used to plan and execute dental procedures with greater precision.
2. Reduced chair time: Digital impressions can be taken in a matter of minutes, compared to the 20-30 minutes required for traditional impressions. This can help to improve the efficiency of the dental practice.
3. Improved patient comfort: Digital impressions do not require the use of impression materials, which can be uncomfortable for some patients. This can lead to a more pleasant experience for the patient.
4. Enhanced communication: Digital impressions can be easily shared with other members of the dental team or with external labs, which can improve communication and collaboration.
5. Increased flexibility: Digital impressions can be easily modified and adjusted, which can be useful if changes need to be made to the treatment plan.
6. Enhanced visualization: Digital impressions can be viewed on a computer screen, which can help to improve visualization and understanding of the patient's dental anatomy.